Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Talk over all general (i.e. not-personal) investing questions and problems, investing news, and theory.

gym4866
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 v:29 pm

Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Mail service by gym4866 »

How-do-you-do, have been a boglehead reader for a long time and take read lots of good advice on things. My question is has anyone had any experience with this service ? My present person that is treatment my allegiance accounts has suggested that I consider this service. I am 69 have a pension and ss and small income annuity amounting to a 56k gross income per year. With over570+ Ivested in allegiance accounts this service has broken it down to 2 accounts,314k @1.28% and 256k @ 0.88%...if I figure information technology out correct it comes out to 8k in advisory fee'south. What are some of the things I should consider or need to know in considering this service.counselor tell me that it would exist good for me in the area of taxation direction . Any assist appreciated.

Last edited by gym4866 on Fri May 12, 2017 12:47 pm, edited ane time in total.

sport
Posts: 11020
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 iii:26 pm
Location: Cleveland, OH

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post past sport »

Find out what the expense ratio is on the funds Fidelity would have you invest in. Well-nigh likely, they will be high expense funds in addition to the management fees. Vanguard offers an advisory service with a fee of 0.3% and they utilise Vanguard's very depression expense funds. In short, Allegiance will be expensive. Vanguard would be much less so.

afan
Posts: 6596
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:01 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio informational services

Post by afan »

NOOOOOO!!!

You don't demand to pay annihilation for investment communication. You tin can get that for gratuitous right here.

At that place is zilch Fidelity tin do that would exist worth paying them annihilation shut to this much.

If y'all absolutely are resolved you desire someone to pick investments for you, consider transferring to Vanguard. The Vanguard Personal Informational Service will charge 0.iii%, style better than what y'all y'all are existence quoted at Fidelity.

The problem with paying even Vanguard's much lower fee is that at that place is near nada for the advisor to do. Afterwards an initial nugget resource allotment, the residual of the fourth dimension they should practise absolutely nothing. They should non readjust your portfolio based on what is happening in the market. They should non try to predict market movements and purchase and sell funds to vanquish the market. If things change in your life that might be a reason to change allocation, simply that hardly happens every year, let alone constantly during the year. And then almost all of the time y'all are paying someone a lot of money to practise zilch.

And so you could save a lot of money with Vanguard vs this Fidelity offering. Fidelity also has Fidelity Go, a new service that is essentially the aforementioned matter equally Vanguard PAS, with a higher fee of 0.35%. https://dpcs.fidelity.com/prgw/dpcs/dma/

But the right figure to pay is zippo.

Nosotros don't know how to beat the market on a take chances-adjusted basis, and we don't know anyone that does know either | --Swedroe | We assume that markets are efficient, that prices are right | --Fama

User avatar

BL
Posts: 9662
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Allegiance portfolio informational services

Post past BL »

If y'all don't desire to do the 3-fund portfolio of index funds, y'all could buy Fidelity Freedom Target Date INDEX funds instead. What are yous in now? Did yous ask them for advice? They are expensive + will sell yous expensive funds, not style less than 0.two% ER that you can become with index funds.

Vanguard PAS is low cost and will put yous into low-ER funds. I think that would be fine and much safer for your portfolio than advisors at F.

V has more low-ER balanced fund choices as well every bit lots more index funds. They as well take the pop Wellesley and Wellington active funds which are also lower-ER.

User avatar

goingup
Posts: 4433
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:02 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post past goingup »

gym4866 wrote:My present person that is handling my allegiance accounts has suggested that I consider this service.

You have an advisor now? I read an old mail service of yours (ii years agone) which said your Fidelity counselor had yous in 7 funds. Curious about why you're considering a change..

birdy
Posts: 373
Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 vii:31 pm

Re: Allegiance portfolio informational services

Post by birdy »

I pass up to pay any kind of management fee to ANYONE! I have always picked good funds and and then allow them be. If yous are in funds you lot are happy with, why pay someone to "watch" them sit and earn coin? My funds are all with Vanguard now. My spouse has all his money in Fidelity (Spartan) accounts. We are happy with the gear up. This website has been a wealth of data for me over the years, enabling me to keep what I earn instead of paying it out in fees. Don't willingly pay fees for something and so easy to do yourself!

birdyt

Topic Author

gym4866
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 v:29 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post by gym4866 »

goingup wrote:

gym4866 wrote:My nowadays person that is handling my fidelity accounts has suggested that I consider this service.

You have an advisor at present? I read an quondam post of yours (2 years ago) which said your Fidelity advisor had you in 7 funds. Curious about why you're considering a change..

Well,as I stated in my postal service I didn't telephone call him an advisor. He calls me once a twelvemonth to cheque on things/or suggest re-balance. He was the person whom I talked to when I retired and gear up up my investments co-ordinate to the info I gave him......I am still in 7 funds...individual acc-fsivx/ftbfx/fusvx.....Ira rollover-fcntx/fsitx/ftbfx.....Roth-ftbfx......don't no why he suggested this new path...only to say I always complain nigh why fidelity is'nt more transparent with what it cost me a year and how expenses are taken out.

Topic Author

gym4866
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 five:29 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post by gym4866 »

birdy wrote:I refuse to pay any kind of management fee to ANYONE! I have always picked skillful funds and and then let them be. If you are in funds you are happy with, why pay someone to "watch" them sit down and earn money? My funds are all with Vanguard at present. My spouse has all his coin in Fidelity (Spartan) accounts. We are happy with the set upwards. This website has been a wealth of information for me over the years, enabling me to continue what I earn instead of paying it out in fees. Don't willingly pay fees for something so easy to do yourself!

birdyt

I totally agree with all your statements,simply I'g not a savvy investor,I read some things going into this and I was only concerned with preserving my primary and depression toll funds....I went with what was set up for me.....I made one changed about a year ago in aa,because he had me in like a 80/20 aa and I thought that was kind of hight for my age.i'm more close to to 60/forty correct now.

User avatar

rkuklinski
Posts: 64
Joined: Friday Aug 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post past rkuklinski »

+1 on the Fidelity Freedom Index funds or 3 fund portfolio.

Advisory services like these charge yous likely 1% per year plus high expense funds for the benefit of chatting with a rep each year well-nigh your allocation, the weather condition, your family unit, etc.

Plus, the portfolio they will recommend will likely be over a dozen funds in order to make the simple look circuitous. Basically their recommendation volition be the contrary of this:

https://www.bogleheads.org/wiki/Boglehe ... simplicity

'Who controls the past' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the nowadays controls the past.'"

rebellovw
Posts: 1187
Joined: Tue Aug xvi, 2016 4:thirty pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post by rebellovw »

Stay away from PAS - yous will pay high fees considering they are actively moving stuff constantly and barely making big returns. I ditched PAS after nearly 10 years and became a boglehead with my 3 fund portfolio - It is doing much better under my control than it did nether PAS.

One thing I'm grateful for - is I always paid the PAS quarterly bills - and didn't allow them have that out of my IRA - if I didn't do that - I'd have been down probably 20K. I paid them something like 10K in fees over the 10 year catamenia.

Lesson learned.

Topic Author

gym4866
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio informational services

Postal service by gym4866 »

rkuklinski wrote:+i on the Fidelity Freedom Index funds or iii fund portfolio.

Advisory services similar these accuse you likely 1% per year plus high expense funds for the do good of chatting with a rep each yr about your allocation, the conditions, your family, etc.

Plus, the portfolio they will recommend will likely be over a dozen funds in order to make the simple await complex. Basically their recommendation volition be the opposite of this:

https://world wide web.bogleheads.org/wiki/Boglehe ... simplicity

Yes,I get that feeling of the other high expenses etc....but when he was putting on the difficult sell and mentioned about tax loss harvesting, he got my attention,reason existence that I do not know annihilation about that and if they where going to do that then I would save paying more than my fair share, I said I would be interested to await the suggestion over.....and your right from what they sent me, it's more like 2 dozen funds involved. I believe in simplicity,the less moving parts the better.......thanks for the link and your thoughts.

MikeG62
Posts: 3934
Joined: Tue Nov fifteen, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: New Bailiwick of jersey

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post past MikeG62 »

gym4866 wrote:Yes,I get that feeling of the other high expenses etc....but when he was putting on the difficult sell and mentioned about revenue enhancement loss harvesting, he got my attention,reason existence that I exercise not know anything about that and if they where going to do that then I would relieve paying more than my fair share, I said I would be interested to await the suggestion over.....and your correct from what they sent me, it'due south more than like 2 dozen funds involved. I believe in simplicity,the less moving parts the amend.......thanks for the link and your thoughts.

I have had this conversation with Fidelity before - tax direction, blah, blah, blah. Information technology's more sizzle than steak. Especially for someone with your taxable business relationship balance. And the idea of putting someone with your invested nugget value into 12 different funds is ridiculous. I would absolutely pass on this.

I would recommend calling your rep and telling him you appreciate his advice merely have decided to become in a different direction. So tell him you want to end the human relationship you take with him/Fidelity pursuant to which yous are paying most $8K annually. Y'all can only leave things equally they are at present (for the most role the funds you lot are in are low to very low cost funds), until you come with a better/more permanent solution - will be the same thing your advisor is/has been doing for you and y'all'll save $8K per year.

You lot can do the unproblematic three fund portfolio - or some variation of information technology. The simpler the better! Honestly, the style your funds are invested y'all are already in a simplified few fund portfolio anyway. All you really need to exercise is review your nugget resource allotment.

Also, swapping out investments in the taxable account may well accept tax consequences and then tread thoughtfully in that location. Investments in the other accounts can exist moved around without tax worries.

Even you want some initial paw holding, y'all tin either go it here or maybe find a planner on the Garret Network (some on the forums take had positive experiences with planners institute through that network). I actually don't call up you lot have big tax problems or big taxation planning opportunities - from what you have posted above. And then I would non be thinking you are missing out on some big revenue enhancement savings opportunities.

Practiced luck.

Last edited by MikeG62 on Sat May thirteen, 2017 7:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

Real Knowledge Comes Only From Feel

User avatar

rkuklinski
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Mail service by rkuklinski »

gym4866 wrote:Aye,I get that feeling of the other loftier expenses etc....but when he was putting on the hard sell and mentioned about tax loss harvesting, he got my attention,reason being that I do not know anything nigh that and if they where going to do that so I would relieve paying more than my fair share, I said I would be interested to wait the suggestion over.....and your correct from what they sent me, information technology'south more similar 2 dozen funds involved. I believe in simplicity,the less moving parts the ameliorate.......thank you for the link and your thoughts.

Here is a background on TLH:

https://world wide web.bogleheads.org/wiki/Tax_loss_harvesting

Searching around the forum it appears opinions are split on whether paying for TLH services are worth information technology. A basic sensation of the concept and applying information technology in perhaps an "imperfect" fashion on your own may exist "good plenty" while keeping things elementary. The motto "the greatest enemy of a good program is the dream of the perfect programme" (or something like that) comes to mind.

'Who controls the by' ran the Party slogan, 'controls the future: who controls the nowadays controls the past.'"

chinto
Posts: 296
Joined: Midweek Jan 04, 2017 seven:39 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio informational services

Post past chinto »

This thread is interesting. Overall I like Allegiance. I discover it interesting they never effort and sell me anything or push me into annihilation which is in contrast to what many others apparently.

That existence said, Fidelity has a pretty skillful Four-in-one fund. Information technology is a one fund, instant portfolio. You might desire to consider it in place of an advisor. Accept a look at the objective.

Fidelity® Four-in-I Alphabetize Fund (FFNOX)

Fund Overview
Objective
Seeks high total return.
Strategy
Investing in a combination of four Fidelity stock and bail index funds (underlying Fidelity funds) using an nugget allotment strategy designed for investors seeking a broadly diversified, index-based investment.

Domestic Equity Funds 59.56%
Fidelity 500 Index Fund - Institutional Premium Class 47.67%
Fidelity Extended Market Index Fund - Institutional Premium Class 11.89%
International Disinterestedness Funds 25.58%
Allegiance International Index Fund - Institutional Premium Class 25.58%
Investment-Grade Bond Funds xiv.84%
Fidelity U.S. Bond Alphabetize Fund - Institutional Premium Class fourteen.84%
https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutua ... /31634R109

student
Posts: 6202
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2015 six:58 am

Re: Allegiance portfolio advisory services

Mail past student »

chinto wrote:This thread is interesting. Overall I like Fidelity. I notice information technology interesting they never try and sell me anything or push button me into annihilation which is in contrast to what many others apparently.

That being said, Fidelity has a pretty skilful 4-in-one fund. Information technology is a i fund, instant portfolio. You might desire to consider information technology in place of an advisor. Take a expect at the objective.

Fidelity® Four-in-One Index Fund (FFNOX)

Fund Overview
Objective
Seeks loftier total return.
Strategy
Investing in a combination of four Fidelity stock and bond index funds (underlying Fidelity funds) using an asset allocation strategy designed for investors seeking a broadly diversified, index-based investment.

Domestic Equity Funds 59.56%
Allegiance 500 Index Fund - Institutional Premium Course 47.67%
Fidelity Extended Marketplace Index Fund - Institutional Premium Grade xi.89%
International Disinterestedness Funds 25.58%
Fidelity International Index Fund - Institutional Premium Grade 25.58%
Investment-Grade Bail Funds xiv.84%
Fidelity U.Southward. Bond Index Fund - Institutional Premium Class fourteen.84%
https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutua ... /31634R109

What is interesting almost this fund is the expense ratio, which is 0.15%. Even so, its underlying funds have expense ratios 0.015% for 500, 0.045% for extended, 0.05% for int and 0.03% for bond. And then it charges at least 0.1% for assembling the 4 funds.

Topic Author

gym4866
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:29 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Postal service past gym4866 »

sport wrote:Find out what the expense ratio is on the funds Fidelity would take you invest in. Near likely, they will be high expense funds in add-on to the management fees. Vanguard offers an advisory service with a fee of 0.3% and they employ Vanguard's very depression expense funds. In short, Fidelity will be expensive. Vanguard would exist much less and so.

I revisited the data fidelity sent me to count the number of funds that they suggested:
INVESTMENT Business relationship-314k

GROWTH WITH INCOME-MUNI:
domestic stock funds-16 funds
foreign stock funds-15 funds
bond funds-ix funds
other- i fund
TOTAL: 41 funds

RETIREMENT ACCOUNT/ROTH-256K
growth with income
domestic stock-viii funds
foreign stock-5 funds
bond funds-6 funds
short term-four funds
TOTAL:23 funds
1000 TOTAL: 64 funds
when you say expense ratio, i get a little mixed upwards virtually this...so if a fund has an e/r of 0.45% that =$ 4.50 per chiliad.00 invested...right ?
if a fund has a due east/r of 0.3% ....is that 30 cents per thousand.00 invested ?

User avatar

BL
Posts: 9662
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:28 pm

Re: Allegiance portfolio advisory services

Post by BL »

sport wrote:0.45% of 1000 is 4.l
0.iii% of 1000 is three.00
0.03% of 1000 is .30

Yep. This is the same as:
0.0045 X 1000
0.0030 Ten m
0.0003 10 1000
Try information technology on your calculator in case you lot don't take the % key, or do it by hand to go a better feel for information technology.

MikeG62
Posts: 3934
Joined: Tue November 15, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Allegiance portfolio informational services

Post past MikeG62 »

gym4866 wrote:

sport wrote:Detect out what the expense ratio is on the funds Fidelity would accept you invest in. Most likely, they will exist high expense funds in addition to the direction fees. Vanguard offers an advisory service with a fee of 0.3% and they employ Vanguard's very depression expense funds. In brusk, Allegiance will exist expensive. Vanguard would be much less so.

I revisited the information fidelity sent me to count the number of funds that they suggested:
INVESTMENT ACCOUNT-314k

GROWTH WITH INCOME-MUNI:
domestic stock funds-sixteen funds
foreign stock funds-15 funds
bail funds-9 funds
other- i fund
TOTAL: 41 funds

RETIREMENT ACCOUNT/ROTH-256K
growth with income
domestic stock-viii funds
foreign stock-5 funds
bond funds-6 funds
brusque term-4 funds
Total:23 funds
Thousand TOTAL: 64 funds
when you say expense ratio, i become a little mixed upwardly most this...then if a fund has an e/r of 0.45% that =$ 4.50 per k.00 invested...correct ?
if a fund has a e/r of 0.3% ....is that thirty cents per chiliad.00 invested ?

They may utilise a total of 64 funds in their portfolio informational services, but they won't utilise anywhere near that number of funds in your case (or anyones case for that affair). More likely they will select a few. Withal, may well be actively managed funds with high(er) expense ratio's - plus you will be paying them a handsome fee for selecting the funds.

Having said that, I don't know what they volition do for you that you cannot exercise yourself (as I said previously). Your electric current holdings are mostly alphabetize-based depression cost funds. There may not be a large need to modify much, other than to relieve Fidelity of their current responsibilities and pocket the $8K per twelvemonth in fees.

Real Knowledge Comes Only From Experience

birdy
Posts: 373
Joined: Sunday May 02, 2010 seven:31 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio informational services

Mail service by birdy »

GYM4866:

What we have in Allegiance funds are:
500 index FUSVX Expense ratio=.04%
International alphabetize FSIVX Expense ratio=.08%
full market index FSTVX Expense ratio=.04%
mid cap FSCKX Expense ratio=.07%

This combination does not make a balanced portfolio. Spouse actually likes the 500 fund. I personally would get rid of it and just use the total market index instead. The midcap is because it compliments our WHOLE investment portfolio (which includes our Vanguard accounts). You continue saying you lot are not a knowledgeable investor.....well read the "Bogleheads Guide to Investing" book and quit claiming ignorance!!! Cutting the umbilical cord with that "advisor" and pay attention to what we are trying to tell you. You lot are giving away money that really adds up over the years into REAL Coin. The people on this site are simply trying to assistance you not make the mistakes that nosotros have already fabricated! We have no other motive than to assist you make the virtually of your investing dollars.

Spouse and I are 62 years old and retired last year because our portfolio has become large enough for us to do then. We are: 65 stocks/ 35 bonds and intend to stay that way. I suggest you go to http://www.morningstar.com and look up your individual funds by their ticker proper name. It volition easily evidence you details (you can get them on Fidelity site besides). On the site you can plug in the ticker names and become an "Xray" of your full portfolio which can exist helpful to see if your portfolio is counterbalanced to what yous decided is best for your situation. Information technology volition also testify you funds that overlap each other with the same investments. Y'all can utilise the site without paying to get this info.

We are here to help yous, merely you need to exist open minded well-nigh the advice we are giving. You sound like you accept already decided not to exit the security of your "counselor". That is fine----it is your money subsequently all.

birdy

workerbeeengineer
Posts: 178
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:22 am

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post by workerbeeengineer »

chinto wrote:This thread is interesting. Overall I like Allegiance. I observe it interesting they never try and sell me anything or push me into annihilation which is in contrast to what many others evidently.

That being said, Fidelity has a pretty good Iv-in-one fund. It is a one fund, instant portfolio. You might want to consider information technology in place of an counselor. Accept a expect at the objective.

Allegiance® Four-in-One Index Fund (FFNOX)

Fund Overview
Objective
Seeks loftier total return.
Strategy
Investing in a combination of iv Fidelity stock and bond index funds (underlying Fidelity funds) using an nugget allocation strategy designed for investors seeking a broadly diversified, alphabetize-based investment.

Domestic Equity Funds 59.56%
Fidelity 500 Index Fund - Institutional Premium Form 47.67%
Fidelity Extended Market Index Fund - Institutional Premium Class 11.89%
International Equity Funds 25.58%
Fidelity International Alphabetize Fund - Institutional Premium Grade 25.58%
Investment-Grade Bond Funds 14.84%
Allegiance U.Southward. Bond Index Fund - Institutional Premium Class fourteen.84%
https://fundresearch.allegiance.com/mutua ... /31634R109

Family member who changed jobs rolled a 401K into a Allegiance IRA . At that time, I recommended a mix of Spartan index funds, but the family member went with PAS. :oops: She had a lot going on and might non of appreciated my emphasis on decision-making costs. Fast forward about 2 years, family member now has more time to focus on her investments. She realizes she is paying a lot for then-called services. Performance has fallen short of any reasonable mix of index funds. Family member asks me if Four-in-Ane is good choice. My response is that IF she is OK with the nugget allocations, then certain. My takeaway....sometimes takes awhile for people to understand the implications of their decisions. I am glad however that this family unit member did determine to make a modify once she could focus on her situation. :happy

User avatar

bostondan
Posts: 702
Joined: Sun Aug xviii, 2013 12:21 pm
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Mail by bostondan »

My mother and sis used Fidelity PAS for a long time. In my mom's case she had $6m with them and was paying AUM fee of 0.v% and underlying fund fees weighted average around 0.half dozen%, and then total 1.i%. They had her in a million unlike funds and too individual stocks.

It was a total mess. Some of the bond funds had fees as loftier as 3% or higher. We discussed this at length with her advisor who kept trying to convince us it was a good idea to have a fund similar that because information technology "is like a hedge fund." I didn't actually follow his logic. Still, at the end of the conversation I said, "I appreciate your thought, only please remove that from her portfolio."

He replied with, "Well, nosotros actually tin't customize your portfolio at all, but I'll requite that feedback to our backend people." I was appalled. She had $6m with them and she was getting a cookie cutter portfolio. She was in the "wealth advisory" level (or any it's called) that advertises all sorts of custom advice. All they really do is assist you come upwards with an asset allocation. Information technology's basically the aforementioned as using a robo advisor, except more than expensive, and significantly less evidence-based.

Run abroad from Fidelity PAS. Invest the money in Fidelity alphabetize funds or iShares alphabetize ETFs (many trade free at Allegiance). If you MUST apply an advisor service, use Vanguard PAS. If you lot insist on a brick & mortar establishment, then use Schwab (free or "cheap" counselor service, merely has cash drag) or Allegiance Go (robo advisor, doesn't exercise tax-loss harvesting).

"There may be times when nosotros are powerless to prevent injustice, just there must never be a fourth dimension when nosotros neglect to protestation." - Elie Wiesel

Topic Author

gym4866
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 v:29 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio informational services

Post by gym4866 »

MikeG62 wrote:

gym4866 wrote:

sport wrote:Detect out what the expense ratio is on the funds Fidelity would have y'all invest in. Most likely, they will be high expense funds in add-on to the management fees. Vanguard offers an advisory service with a fee of 0.3% and they utilise Vanguard's very low expense funds. In short, Fidelity will be expensive. Vanguard would be much less so.

I revisited the information fidelity sent me to count the number of funds that they suggested:
INVESTMENT Account-314k

GROWTH WITH INCOME-MUNI:
domestic stock funds-xvi funds
strange stock funds-fifteen funds
bond funds-9 funds
other- 1 fund
TOTAL: 41 funds

RETIREMENT ACCOUNT/ROTH-256K
growth with income
domestic stock-8 funds
foreign stock-5 funds
bond funds-6 funds
curt term-4 funds
Total:23 funds
Grand TOTAL: 64 funds
when you say expense ratio, i get a little mixed upward well-nigh this...and so if a fund has an e/r of 0.45% that =$ 4.50 per 1000.00 invested...correct ?
if a fund has a e/r of 0.3% ....is that 30 cents per 1000.00 invested ?

They may utilise a total of 64 funds in their portfolio advisory services, only they won't use anywhere nigh that number of funds in your case (or anyones example for that matter). More probable they will select a few. However, may well be actively managed funds with loftier(er) expense ratio's - plus you volition be paying them a handsome fee for selecting the funds.

Having said that, I don't know what they volition practise for you that you cannot do yourself (as I said previously). Your current holdings are mostly index-based low cost funds. There may not exist a big demand to modify much, other than to relieve Fidelity of their current responsibilities and pocket the $8K per year in fees.

Well, I concur 64 fund is a lot , just when I started reading the info packet they sent me on the ii accounts,the above accounts where broken down into two% in this account...3% it another account etc...etc...etc....anybody of the above accounts had a percentages for my investment dollars assigned to it.

Larry2623
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post by Larry2623 »

I am retired so no longer contributing new money. Not sure what Fidelity use to be like, just now their service is under i% management fee and all funds have very low expense ratios. Most are under 0.1% way under. Not sure if I volition test bulldoze this service with a portion of my money but I like the idea...lx/40 balance with regular rebalances no fees. If they can beat out me I volition leave it...maybe even add together to it

Bronco Billy
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post by Bronco Billy »

Larry2623 wrote: ↑Lord's day Jun 24, 2018 ix:33 pm Not sure if I will test drive this service with a portion of my money simply I similar the idea...threescore/40 balance with regular rebalances no fees. If they can beat me I will leave it...perhaps even add to it

Larry, tin you delight explain to me the Service yous are talking nearly test driving? I likewise getting set to retire and have a company 401 with Fidelity. I been told I tin can go out it with Fidelity and withal cocky direct. I move my TDA account to Vanguard and this would let me compare companies.

Thanks!!

rotorhead
Posts: 576
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2010 3:59 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Mail by rotorhead »

gym4866, you've been given some very proficient advice here. Take some time and blot what the good folks are maxim.

I am long time satisfied Fidelity client (Fidelity Individual Client), and they have never tried to "upwardly sell" me into their more expensive funds. Told them what I want, and they go out me alone.

I am lx/forty allocation, with but ii funds - Full Market and Total Bond. Couple of weeks agone had my almanac meeting with my assigned account advisor. He told me that I'chiliad doing just fine; and wouldn't suggest anything, except that I might want to consider moving some of the bond money into CD'southward in view of involvement charge per unit outlook, if I'k concerned about it. Pretty good advice really, I thought; but I think curt term bail fund improve for me than CD's if I do whatever change.

I propose you lot do the following exercise. Will take a piddling while; simply well worth the effort, since we're talking almost considerable money hither.

Log into your Fidelity account. Then become to the "Investment Products" tab, then "Mutual Funds", select "Diversified Portfolios" tab; and expect at what's available. Y'all'll see a range from "Conservative to Most Aggressive" - several choices. Pick the one that suits you, and look at the list of funds Fidelity recommends for that portfolio. Write them downwards, and look at the ER'due south for each. Calculate what the expenses would be for your new portfolio. I call up you lot'll be aghast at what you see.

This is exactly what the Fidelity managed funds exercise will do with your money. And it will cost you dearly. Spend a piffling time; and practice the math. It volition save you lots of coin in the long run.

My wife's account is with Vanguard; and we are equally pleased with their service as well. Eventually nosotros'll consolidate into i or the other; likely Allegiance, purely as matter of convenience, since they have large role very almost our home.

dodonnell
Posts: 419
Joined: Midweek Oct 29, 2008 half-dozen:48 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Post past dodonnell »

Larry2623 wrote: ↑Sun Jun 24, 2018 nine:33 pm I am retired so no longer contributing new money. Not sure what Fidelity employ to be similar, simply now their service is under 1% direction fee and all funds have very low expense ratios. ...snip...

Fidelity's lasted regulatory filing representing their reduced fees (139 pages):
https://www.fidelity.com/bin-public/060 ... mental.pdf

Page 6. "Gross fees" are likely a closer approximation to total expenses:

... i don't get to "under 1%" until over > 3.12M in account size?

Image

Larry2623
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jul xv, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio informational services

Mail past Larry2623 »

Bronco Billy wrote: ↑Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:03 am

Larry2623 wrote: ↑Dominicus Jun 24, 2018 nine:33 pm Not certain if I volition test drive this service with a portion of my money but I like the idea...60/xl rest with regular rebalances no fees. If they can beat me I will leave information technology...perhaps even add to it

Larry, can y'all please explicate to me the Service you are talking about test driving? I also getting ready to retire and accept a company 401 with Fidelity. I been told I can leave it with Allegiance and still self directly. I move my TDA account to Vanguard and this would allow me compare companies.

Give thanks You!!

I converted a profit sharing account to an IRA opened equally a "professionally managed account". The only extra fee is .nine% direction fee for a balanced portfolio lx/40. Fees on the funds/etfs are very low (which I sentry very close, so I know they are depression). They volition rebalance on regular ground...if stocks are upwards and bonds are downwards they will sell stocks and buy more than bonds. The nice affair is the summary page will show you all the returns...gross and net after fees. I will give them a year and see how they practice compared to my other investments.

flyfishing
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:53 am

Re: Allegiance portfolio advisory services

Mail service by flyfishing »

When some go to the theater they sit in the balustrade and some in the orchestra. At a ball game some in the bleacher and some box seats. Value and "what it is worth" varies tremendously. We each too have a different thought for the term "value". There are some who just don't want to manage their own investments. My feeling is to know what it costs. Later on that each to his/her own level for condolement/convenience.Picking an advisor isn't always nigh trying to "earn more". I call back some on this board are a footling to judgmental of others.

Bronco Billy
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:27 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio informational services

Post by Bronco Billy »

I converted a profit sharing account to an IRA opened as a "professionally managed account". The only extra fee is .ix% management fee for a balanced portfolio sixty/40. Fees on the funds/etfs are very low (which I watch very close, so I know they are depression). They will rebalance on regular ground...if stocks are up and bonds are down they will sell stocks and purchase more than bonds. The nice thing is the summary folio will show y'all all the returns...gross and internet later fees. I will give them a year and meet how they do compared to my other investments.

Cheers Larry for the data,

Tommy
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:47 pm

Re: Allegiance portfolio advisory services

Post past Tommy »

Larry2623 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:56 pm I gave them a portion around $450k and I will pay .9% with no other fees except expense fees on funds and etfs and they are very low

Do yous mean Allegiance Go? O.35% management fee including fund expenses

bayview
Posts: 2332
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:05 pm
Location: WNC

Re: Allegiance portfolio advisory services

Postal service past bayview »

I have to say that in the electric current returns environment, giving up 1% (ok, 0.nine%) on my returns sounds pretty awful.

The continuous execution of a sound strategy gives you the benefit of the strategy. That's what it'south all about. --Rick Ferri

yougotitdude
Posts: 117
Joined: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:twoscore pm

Re: Allegiance portfolio informational services

Mail past yougotitdude »

Did you look at the historic numbers of the model? They'll provide it if you ask (or sometimes push).

Compare that to a target date fund or asset allocation fund with a like allocation and you might be surprised. ;)

Larry2623
Posts: 67
Joined: Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:23 pm

Re: Allegiance portfolio advisory services

Post past Larry2623 »

bayview wrote: ↑Tue Jun 26, 2018 half-dozen:01 am I have to say that in the current returns environment, giving upwardly one% (ok, 0.nine%) on my returns sounds pretty awful.

Perchance it volition turn out so, but I volition not know unless I give them a shot. I will evaluate their operation and compare to my other return by and nowadays at 6 months and ane year.

User avatar

nedsaid
Posts: 16031
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Re: Fidelity portfolio advisory services

Postal service by nedsaid »

Tommy wrote: ↑Monday Jun 25, 2018 ix:05 pm

Larry2623 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:56 pm I gave them a portion around $450k and I will pay .9% with no other fees except expense fees on funds and etfs and they are very depression

Do you mean Fidelity Become? O.35% management fee including fund expenses

Allegiance Get would be worth consideration. My understanding is that it is run by robots. It would probably be as good or meliorate than the more expensive Fidelity Portfolio Informational Services. Plus Fidelity Get uses index funds.

A fool and his money are good for business.